Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Captain Abu Raed wins Finland's Audience Award & Distribution deal

It is very exciting to see Jordan making marks on the map of world cinema with Captain Abu Raed. While I was in Vancouver on Monday walking into the theater to introduce the film, I got an email on my phone that said Captain Abu Raed won the Audience Award at the Helsinki International Film Festival all the way up in Finland. And the exciting thing is that this year the winner gets a national distribution deal in Finnish cinemas. So if you live in Finland, Captain Abu Raed opens in theaters just before Christmas, on December 19. Thank you Finland and thank you to the wonderful enthusiastic audiences in Vancouver. I had an amazing time.

CLICK HERE for the link to the press release.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so where can I watch this movie and is it gonna be released on dvd.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Hareega said...

Congratulations !!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Amin Matalqa said...

check www.CaptainAbuRaed.com for upcoming screenings and news. DVD will be released in Middle East around Dec. 11.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amin,

Congrats! I'm so excited for the DVD to come out, because even though I attended the premier in Jordan, I've been dying for my parents to watch the movie and they do not live in Jordan!

So, we at the number one hit music station in Amman, Play 99.6, are excited to hear about your success and are wondering if we can talk to you about it.

Is there an email we can contact?

Please let me know.

--Maha Swais, presenter at Play 99.6

11:32 PM  
Blogger Just Be said...

Hi Amin!

Is it true you've been nominated for the 2009 Oscar Awards? First Jordanian ever?

11:39 PM  
Blogger Amin Matalqa said...

HI Maha,
The DVD will come out in the MIddle East on December 11. It will have lots of goodies on it also.

Hi cupcake,
I read the Middle East Online article. It erroneously stated that I've been nominated for an Oscar. The Oscar nominations will not be announced until late January 2009. However, the film has been submitted as Jordan's entry for the Oscar, and that's a first.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home