Monday, November 10, 2008

Two more Audience Awards

Somehow I forgot to mention that we also won the Audience Award at Heartland Film Festival in addition to the Grand Prize and the Crystal Heart. Here's what they wrote...

"...And in what most saw coming a mile away, Grand Prize Winner Captain Abu Raed took home the double-play of honors with the Audience Choice Award for Best Feature, too. Amin Matalqa’s quiet observation on dreams and possibilities is making a splash at festivals around the world, and it captured crowds in Indianapolis, too."

This was the first time that a subtitled foreign film wins the Grand Prize, let alone the audience award. There were 620 feature films submitted to Heartland this year.

Then last night I got an email notifying us that we won the Best Feature award at the Rehoboth Beach Film Festival in Delaware. This brings our total to 17 major festival awards. I apologize if my blog has turned into award announcement central, but it's a good place to keep people informed and preserve these memories.

This week Captain Abu Raed played in Argentina in Buenes Aires. I wish I could've gone, but now that we have US Theatrical distribution, I can rest a little and focus my attention on my next movie. I've written three scripts while traveling with the Captain, and now it's time to get them made. I'll write more about what's next next time.

See you at the movies.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amin, two comments from my blog from guys who saw the film in LA:

# sam Says:
November 11, 2008 at 12:37 am

hi kinzi! i went to the showing in beverly hills. i even met amin which was really cool.

# Bill Says:
November 13, 2008 at 6:23 am

I saw this last Sunday. All I can say is….
Dust off your Tux, you’re going to the Kodak!

This is one of those movies that I will always remember. Wonderful work, Amin.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Amin Matalqa said...

Thanks Kinzi. Very cool.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home