Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Back to school

So I'm back in school again, and this week we've been focusing on Production Design. How the designer works with the director, the cinematographer... all that fun. And as I listen, it keeps me thinking about how rich the East Amman textures are in character. Can't wait to shoot the feature film this summer.

I'm shuffling a bunch of things right now:
1) Clean-up draft of the feature film. Screenwriting is all about rewriting.
2) Writing my 2nd year thesis film about a boy who stalks his neighbor thinking he can turn him into a superhero.
3) Prepping for my cycle 2 film about a loser who has one chance at redemption...getting his daughter's kidnapped dog back (the one he lost to the kidnappers while on his way to sell stolen artifacts at an auction).
4) Conceptualizing my cycle 3 film about a boy who's trying to convince everyone that he's seen Superman.
and 5) I'm serving as First Assistant Director on a Zombie movie in the zoo from Sautrday to Tuesday, shooting nights. This is going to be an intense schedule.

So I'm writing in here because I'm procrastinating working on one of the above right now. I guess I better get back to movie-land.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fadi said...

so it seems like u'll be having a busy semester..good luck!
I've just watched "jareemet 7ob"
maan it's hilairious..great job!

3:07 AM  
Blogger Amin Matalqa said...

Thanks. More to come. Liffi Liffi is waiting in the pipeline to be edited.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home