Thursday, April 13, 2006

Announcing Captain Abu Raed



On April 12th, 2003, I got in my car and started driving to Los Angeles to pursue my dream of making movies.
Exactly three years later, I find myself sitting next to the mayor of Amman, at the announcement of my first feature film, and proudly I say, a Jordanian feature film.

Captain Abu Raed will be the beginning of a dream many, including myself, thought would never happen in Jordan. We want to kick-start a Jordanian film indsutry. Set the example for Jordanians to make feature films and tell Arabic stories that have nothing to do with politics. With these films, we will get the world to see the human dimension of Arabs, not rediculous stereotypes.

So with that, we will have Jordanians working with tenured Americans in this fully Jordanian-financed film. Our budget is between $1.5 million and $2 million. We will be shooting in July and August in different corners of Amman. We're working on getting a major name actor for the role of Abu Raed. Stay tuned.

Finally, I want to say how amazed and touched I am by the amount of support we've received from the community here in Jordan. Everyone wants to see this dream come true. I am honored and thrilled to carry this torch with our film.

9 Comments:

Blogger Amin Matalqa said...

Pardon the blueness of the picture. The upload keeps distorting the colors.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was already wondering about the blueness, thought there must have been quite a lack of Oxegyn there:p

Mabrook:)

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its about time we had a rebirth of Jordanian Cinema, Hopefuly you will be a pioneer in breathing life back to this art that we lack in Jordan,
Keep up the good work man, can't wait to check out the movie :)

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck dude,,, im excited already

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3anjad the best of luck.

3:25 AM  
Blogger M!R@CHK@ said...

I saw this picture in the newspaper this morning and my uncle fadi imseeh he said he knows you and that he saw a small movie you shooted with his friends ( faye2 abu 5ader and i donno who) called the black man or something like that more than 10 years ago :)
It was nice meeting you yesterday although we didn't have the chance to talk :)

5:48 AM  
Blogger Dar said...

MKabrook man , wallah it is something you will be proud of :) way to go !
CheeerZ!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Amin Matalqa said...

Thank you everyone. It's very exciting to be here and be getting so much support to make this movie. It will be a very special film that will appeal to the world.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sanafer?

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home