Wednesday, March 08, 2006

My new movie is up

Liffi Liffi is up online at www.matalqa.com or www.QuaProductions.com
This movie was made because it's fun to make little shorts that excercise the on-the-spot decision-making process when making movies. I find that this sort of thing keeps you on your feet and the result, with good direction and editing, turns out fun and dynamic. Of course the most important thing for these improvisational films is the performance. And we have some really fun performances from Nadim, Osama, Rama, Faisal, Tareq, and Abdullah depicting the different types of people you would stumble into on the streets of Amman.

I really enjoy absurd humour, and this movie, like Suffi Suffi, is exactly that. This is what happens when girls ask for directions. All hell breaks loose. You'll see what I mean when you watch the movie. Also, I should mention what a fan of Yazan Al-Rusan's music I am. This is the Jordanian who made the song in this movie as well as the song at the beginning of Suffi Suffi. You can visit his web site at: www.yazanalrousan.com

One last note: I think this is probably the last of my quick no-budget short films. I'm moving on to my feature film once I get done with my cycle 3 AFI film, a dramatic piece. But for now, let's get Jordanian!

Hope you enjoy Liffi Liffi!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

loool,,,
المخرج الاردني الشاب
أمين مطالقة
Congrats.... you just a got a new fan..

this is too much for non-budget i enjoyed it and ill be waiting for more,,, i agree on Yazan too

Arrivederci ya CD

3:05 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

wow is it really like that? hehehehe. too funny. great work as usual.

now why would this be your last. come on these jordanian short films are the greatest.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Amin Matalqa said...

Thanks. This is my last short because there's no time. I've been prepping for my big feature film. You can only do so many short films.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Mohammad Olwan said...

good job man, keep up the good work.

Mohammad olwan
Canada

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This movie كابتن ابو رائد" IS sooo silly, even I dont know how they accept it, really silly , we've got bored about these kind of movies,really why dont you do a movie about gay life in Jordan or about your city in Irbid north of jordan:Irbid gay life" its a nice title for a new movie ,isnt?

anyways, goodluck

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allah ya3tek A3afeh and I hope to be in the top inshallah.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From; Kefah Fakhory
Detroit, MI
great job! congratulations! best wishes for everything you do to all Jordanians!
MABROUK
e-mial; Kfakhouryfamily@aol.com

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home