Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Paul Newman: The Verdict



1982's "The Verdict"...

What a brilliantly performed, written, shot, and directed film.

There are some amazing screen legends that I am rediscovering with great joy. There's a reason why they are screen legends, and I encourage you to discover them with me if you haven't already. People like Paul Newman, James Mason, Marlon Brando, and Burt Lancaster have presence, whether troubled or joyous, that remain timeless, decades later.

Last week I got into Brando with On the Waterfront and Streetcar Named Desire. Such troubled, magnificently detailed characters.

Now, I am amazed by Paul Newman. Check out "The Verdict". It was written by David Mamet and directed by Sidney Lumet. A courtroom drama with all around brilliant nuances. Instead of telling you why Newman and Mason are brilliant, I'll tell you to simply check out the movie and see for yourself. I'm inspired!

1 Comments:

Blogger jameed, RPh, MS said...

Five words man: "The Last Tango in Paris"

PS watch out for comment spam

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home