Sunday, June 11, 2006

PreProduction

So I'll be heading to Jordan on Thursday to do preproduction work for Captain Abu Raed. Since wrapping up the AFI year, I've been meeting some wonderfuland amazing people who will head the various departments for the film. We haven't decided on the production designer yet, but I've met people who've done Steven Spielberg's latest films, and I am honored that they want to be part of our team. We will be making all sorts of decisions really soon.

Our cinematographer is the wonderfull Ray Peschke. He did all the lighting/gaffing for the Oliver Stone films JFK, Born on the Fourth of July, Wall Street along with other films like The Usual Suspects, Wag the Dog, and Spike Lee's Summer of Sam. He's an amazing person who's lived in all corners of the world and loves life and the experience of people and cultures all around the globe. He's the perfect cinematographer and partner to tell Captain Abu Raed's story with us.

The people who are coming together around this film are surrounding it out of love for the screenplay and I feel that it's a great honor to be working with them and we're going to make a very passionate film that will affect the world in its own special little way.

I will also announce that we've found our leading lady who will play the female pilot, Nour. I cannot announce who she is yet. All I can say is that she is a stunning and confident/charismatic Jordanian who will shine on the big screen. As soon as I arrive in Amman I will begin meeting kids from all over to start casting the neighborhood children.

We've brought on board a terrific line producer from Morocco. She's a machine and I know she will drive our film forward and make things happen.

Finally, regarding Abu Raed himself. Well, like a good filmmaker should, I'll leave you in suspense for now...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exciting! Is Abu Raed in anyway related to the Abu Ghraib prison?

1:09 AM  
Blogger Amin Matalqa said...

No. Abu means father in Arabic.

9:51 AM  
Blogger lubna said...

You've got God's Blessings and Lubna's best luck wishes:) Can't wait to see it truly....

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

overwelming list of pros, share ur secret of managing all that with just 2million jds!

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home